6-day Guilin Ethnic Minority Culture Tour
The rich local minority culture and traditions are always musts in Guilin, going deep inside the mountain area like Longsheng and Sanjiang for those colorful minority cultures ...
Day 1Arrival of Guilin (D)
Upon your arrival in Guilin, meet your guide at Guilin airport or Train Station and transfer to your hotel. Free for rest of the day.
Day 2Guilin / Longsheng (B, L, D)
Drive 2 hours to Longsheng and have a full day excursion there for the Rice Terraces and ethnic minority culture there. Visit Longji Terraced Fields, villages of Zhuang and Yao People. Stay tonight in Longji Zhuang village.
Longsheng Terraced Fields: They were first built in the Yuan dynasty and completed in the Qing dynasty by Zhuang people. The terraced fields are built along the slope winding from the riverside up to the mountaintop, with the highest place of an elevation of 885m and the lowest 380m.
Bird's eye view of Longji rice terraces and houses of Zhuang people
Yao women are performing a dancing show with their long hair
Day 3Longsheng / Sanjiang (B, L, D)
Drive 1.5 hours to Sanjiang. Visit the Drum Tower and the Shelter Bridge of Dong people. Stay tonight in Sanjiang.
Mapang Drum Tower - the most famous tower in Guangxi Sanjiang region
Chengyang Shelter Bridge - the most renowned shelter bridge in Dong architectural style
Day 4Sanjiang / Guilin (B, L)
Visit the villages of Dong Minority group. Drive back to Guilin after lunch.
One Hundred Families Banquet of minority Dong People
Street of a traditional Dong village
Day 5Guilin / Li River Cruise / Yangshuo (B, L)
Drive to Zhujiang Pier for a 4-hours' cruise on Li River - the highlight of your Guilin tour with lunch aboard. You will enjoy the beautiful mountains, verdant fields, farms and villages with water buffalos, cows wondering around on both sides of the river bank. Get off at Yangshuo - famous for its spectacular and picturesque countryside. After check in your Yangshuo hotel, biking to the countryside with your guide for its breathtaking scenery and Chinese agriculture. Then back to your hotel in Yangshuo.
Li River Cruise - highlight of any Guilin tour
Taking a cycling tour at the countryside of Yangshuo
Day 6Yangshuo / Guilin / Departure (B, L)
Drive back to Guilin (1.5 hours). Visit Reed Flute Cave and Fubo Hill. Reed Flute Cave is a brilliant cave marked on almost all travel itineraries. And West Hill is one of the most famous hills in Guilin, but it is always non-touristy and not like the other crowded scenic spots in the town. Transfer to Guilin airport or Train Station for your departure.
Stalactites inside Reed Flute Cave illuminated by colored lighting
Guilin Fubo Hill seen from distance
B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner
1. For this tour, comfortable walking shoes are recommended. And the Guilin sightseeing time arrangement on the 1st and 6th day would be adjusted according to your flight or train arrival and departure time.
2. After arrival at the car parking lot of Longsheng Longji Terrace Field, you will need to climb step by step for 40-45 minutes to your hotel on the mountain.
1. All transfers and city transportation
2. Entrance fees and meals as mentioned above
3. Private car or van with English speaking guide
4. Two-night at Guilin Hotel and one night Yangshuo Hotel with Western breakfast, one night hotel at Longji Pingan village and one night hotel at Sanjiang with simple Western breakfast.
5. The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
1. Tips to your tour guide and driver
2. Other personal expenses